Wednesday 5 February 2014

The ugliest pants in all the land

I just realized I haven't written a post in a few days... Where do I begin? 
Life on base is wonderful. I've been blessed with beautiful new friends, people that challenge me in my views (although I'm having trouble seeing that as a blessing right now...), an amazing 1-on-1 that listens to my thoughts and then challenges me, good laughs, and a new coffee shop up the street. This week our lectures are on authority and submission (which is super interesting) and our lecturer is fantastic. He jumps around and waves his arms and I find him fascinating :) it's a little bit less of a purely intellectual week but I'm still learning so much, and I'm excited for next week :) 
Last weekend I went to Sydney with a few people to see a friend from high school which was sweet, went to Hillsong, and spent Sunday at base without power so we got really bored and moved all the mattresses out of the guys' room which was highly entertaining. I've gotten to sing with a new friend (literal goose bumps, or "chicken skin" as the Spanish speaking people call it) and we've been having just a great week. 
Probably one of the best parts of my week was the pair of pants that I bought at darling harbour last weekend. We've been seeing these ridiculously ugly pants in every single clothing store in Australia, they're baggy and patterned and we really don't know why people wear them, but they do. So Alanna and I both bought a pair, and I must say they're super comfortable. My mom calls them "harem pants" and I'm wearing them right now, and they're so incredibly ugly that I've just decided to embrace the ugliness and wear them anyway. 
They're really stretchy and comfy and I love them but it's a constant decision to rock them haha :) 
So that's all, I guess, it's time for work duties... Happy now, mom and Hilda? 
-c

3 comments:

  1. Yes, happy. But I won't be standing in any lines to borrow those puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants.... well, when you live in Asia, those are the kind of pants you see all the time. Some without patterns, some with... it's the new style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, oh my, oh my...I missed this post and the mmmm....lovely pants. These are harem pants alright, straight from the 80's, also known as hammer pants and oh yes, I did have a pair, at least one, in the 80's! But I had no idea they were back in style, yikes! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete