Tuesday 11 February 2014

Songs | Man of Sorrows (Hillsong Live)

5 things on my mind:
1)I wish I could play guitar
2)whenever I start a new line I automatically hit tab (too many lecture notes...) and on blogger it doesn't work so well.
3)i'm really REALLY glad I wore my ugly pants today
4) i'm appreciating the song "Man of Sorrows" by hillsong today (more on that later)
5)also looking forward to supper prep today (in a weird way I really enjoy it)

WHOOOOO boy. lots of stuff happening today. the teams from the September dtses are returning from outreach on sunday and so we're sharing the space for a week... it's gonna be full in the bathroom! next Wednesday we have a talent/no talent night (absolutely GENIUS idea) where we present talents but you can also not have any talent at all... Janessa i'm counting on this happening next year somewhere :) I've also been contemplating my summer plans, I get back though on june 28 so it's going to be hard to get things in... and yeah. the weather isn't nice out today really but its still not as cold as Canada! and speaking of which, super proud of my country for being first in the medal count as of right now :) also, we started making London fogs around here and apparently the London fogs I make are better then Starbucks! counting that as a personal victory. so I make a lot of them for a lot of people. according to one of my leaders, "If Cailey and Alanna ask you if you want a London fog, you don't say no." haha!
something i'm really appreciating today is the song "Man of Sorrows" by Hillsong Live.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jXqdtZi10
if you want to listen for yourself :)
the song is beautiful, with lots of beautiful melodies and simple truths proclaimed.
(the italics are the chorus and the bold is the bridge)

Man of sorrows Lamb of God
By His own betrayed
The sin of man and wrath of God
Has been on Jesus laid

Silent as He stood accused
Beaten mocked and scorned
Bowing to the Father's will
He took a crown of thorns

Oh that rugged cross
My salvation
Where Your love poured out over me
Now my soul cries out
Hallelujah
Praise and honour unto Thee

Sent of heaven God's own Son
To purchase and redeem
And reconcile the very ones
Who nailed Him to that tree

Now my debt is paid
It is paid in full
By the precious blood
That my Jesus spilled

Now the curse of sin
Has no hold on me
Whom the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed


See the stone is rolled away
Behold the empty tomb
Hallelujah God be praised
He's risen from the grave

something that's continually come up in my time at DTS so far is my issues with control. I don't really think of myself as very controlling, but there are some things that I don't seem to want to trust God with. I have a hard time giving control up in my relationships, specifically
when my friends are hurting and I can't do anything tangible about it. However, God really communicated to me yesterday that He wants my worries, my trust, and the control from my life.

"Hi, my name is Cailey, and I have control issues."

haha the first step to recovery is admitting the issue right? Yesterday I was able to spend some time with the Lord and really get into the heart of why I have problems with control. I want so badly to be able to help people (mostly friends) and be able to do something right away that helps them. BUT God is really the only one that can help them. He wanted me to give him the control over my friends' situations, to give Him my worries AND my trust. I was worried that as soon as I gave Him my trust, that He would just leave me out to dry. God does have the power to do that, but he has the morality to not. He has the choice not to love us (which is scary and intimidating to me) but God is so good that He wants to. I can't even comprehend why He loves me and wants to take my worries and cares. i'm not even close to good enough! but God is a relational God and His desire to have a relationship with us overwhelms what could be a choice not to love us. I don't actually even think that God could choose not to love us, He (in all his infinite wisdom and power... that's his nature) is BIGGER and greater and He realizes that loving us is the best option, for whatever reason. the biggest truth I learned from Character and Nature week was that God is big and God is good and that's something to cling to. I was worried about God leaving me, but now I know He won't. because of Him, I am free from my issues of control and trust. Because of the precious blood that my Jesus spilled, sin's curse has no hold on me anymore and I can trust Him. the most poignant part of this song for me is the bridge-

Now my debt is paid

it is paid in full

by the precious blood

that my Jesus spilled

now the curse of sin

has no hold on me

who the Son sets free

oh is free indeed!



what a beautiful phrase.

I am free.

because of my Jesus.

also this song will always hold a special memory for me because I actually sang it at Hillsong (freaks out) and it was amazing!!

today, revel in the simple truth of who God is- our Father, who spilled his precious blood on the cross for you, because of which you are FREE.

Amen!

-Cailey




No comments:

Post a Comment