Monday 20 January 2014

Thoughts | Mordor

I realize for those of you that know me well, titling my post referencing Lord of the Rings is probably a little confusing. I really don't enjoy LOTR. However, the smoke stacks here in Port Kembla are nicknamed "Mordor" by our base staff because they're constantly spewing smoke and fire. 
The reason I titled this post "thoughts | Mordor" (the other option was "murder, murder!" Because that's the game people are playing right now, running around me and screaming) is because I just really enjoy how unique my base is. I obviously don't know if other bases are as weird, but I just feel like I'm among my own kind here. There's constant dance parties to a song called "interlude" by attack attack, which is hilarious, and we play Dutch blitz and laugh about stupid things like whether Oreos are qualified as cookies or biscuits in England. We are quickly becoming a weird little family that talks about cricket a lot and argues which sport is better to watch. (Obviously hockey but I'm the only canadian that weighs in) we make fun of each other's accents, stare into each other's eyes for 4 1/2 minutes (literally happened today), and talk about our lives back at home. I really enjoy life here, and I'm excited to see what God has in store for us. 
God bridges gaps. He makes the weirdest assortment of people feel like family. He gives us connections so we have something to talk about. God doesn't only want a relationship with us, but he wants us to have a relationship with others. The kingdom of God feels like a such a small place when we're all connected ;) 
These next few days, I challenge you to put as much time into your relationship with The Lord as you do into your relationship with others. God doesn't speak to you unless you ask him to and ready your heart to hear what he has to say. He wants to have a two way conversation with you, not just listen to you talk. 
Get to know Him. 
Blessings from the other side of the world, 
-Cailey 

No comments:

Post a Comment