Saturday 25 January 2014

Songs | Cornerstone (Hillsong)

My hope is built on nothing less 
Then Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame 
But wholly trust in Jesus' name 

Christ alone, cornerstone
Weak made strong, in the Saviour's love 
Through the storm, He is Lord 
Lord of all 

When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace 
In every high and stormy gale 
My anchor holds within the veil 
My anchor holds within the veil 

When He shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found 
Dressed in His righteousness alone 
Faultless, stand before the throne 

Christ alone, cornerstone 
Weak made strong, in the Saviour's love
Through the storm, He is Lord 
Lord of all

I had the privilege of learning this song at camp this summer and I absolutely love it. It's also the focus of the Bible study we're doing once a week here on base. There are so many good lines that apply to many different stages of life, and they all speak truth. 

Here's a YouTube link to the song if you want to hear it for yourself: 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QvLxZEU02uI 

So what is a cornerstone? The cornerstone of a building is the one that the whole building leans on. It's the stone that if you were to take it out, the whole building would be compromised. When you're building a house, they first have to dig the supports so deep that they hit rock, and then the cornerstone is put in. 

One thing we talked about this week at Bible study was what we were putting in as the cornerstone in our lives instead of Jesus. There were a lot of different answers, such as money, family, relationships, mental illness, drugs and alcohol, all these different things that we're choosing to lean on instead of Jesus. We're building our lives around these things instead of the best cornerstone of all, Jesus. He's the only one that will never fail you, or compromise your "building". 

My favourite line of this song currently is "when darkness seems to hide His face / I rest on His unchanging grace" 
I really love this line because it reminds you to rest on the unchangingness of our Saviour. Our Saviour never changes. He never goes anywhere, and His love never becomes any less. Something that He's teaching me is that even though there are some areas of my life that I'm not ready to give up control to, He will wait for me forever. He won't go anywhere, He's gonna stand there and knock until I let Him in... Even if it means getting a chair. He won't love me any less then if I do let Him in right away. I'm so lucky to serve Him. 
In other news, it's not very hot in Australia. Haha. Kidding. But it has been raining and really windy for most of the week, so it hasn't been too hot, which is nice because it gives my sunburn a chance to heal up... 😳 yesterday we took the train into Wollongong for the day and went to the botanical gardens for a picnic and then went to the shops in Wollongong, which was so much fun! Picked up some much needed things (and even some things I didn't need but were cute😉) and had a great time bonding with some of the girls. Came back to a birthday party for one of our amazing fearless leaders, and finished up the day having a great time laughing and chatting with one of my excellent fellow YWAM students. All in all, an excellent day. Today is a lot of nothing and then church in Wollongong in the evening! 
Blessings for today! 
What is your cornerstone? 
-Cailey 
A picture from the botanical gardens at the university of Wollongong from yesterday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment