Tuesday 14 January 2014

GOOD NEWS, FRIENDS!

Good news, friends! Alanna has arrived! My other half is here! She got in this morning after her first set of flights got cancelled on her so now she's finally here! I'm excited, can you tell??

Life here on base is pretty good, and getting better by the day. as we get into the routine of base life, we feel more settled and more like a family. I just really like it :) we've been spending time at the beach and outside and life is just glorious in the sun! There are still times where I feel really homesick, but I know God has brought me into this season for a reason. I have to focus on Him and His heart and giving this time and this season to Him. Every day He's making me more excited to learn about Him and dive into His Word! 
Today in lecture we got a bit off topic and started talking about the layers of theology. This was super intriguing to me and made a lot of sense! The inner layer is dogma, the core beliefs of Christianity, the stuff everyone agrees on. The next layer is doctrine, which is a group of beliefs that tend to be agreed upon by a certain denomination. So like beliefs on baptism or war, things that differ depending on the church. The last layer is opinion, so like personal things that depend on your experience. I found that super interesting and probably did a really bad job of explaining it... 
Let me totally skip around and tell you about this other cool Australian thing we do here at base. Every weekday, from 10-10:30, every single person from YWAM stops what they're doing to go and do "cuppa", where we all go to the front door area and stand around and drink tea and coffee. It's a tradition based around a love of hot drinks and fellowship, where we talk and meet people and see how everyone is. I love cuppa, as do most people on base. 
That's about all I have time for today, blessings from the beach! 
-Cailey 

No comments:

Post a Comment