Saturday 5 July 2014

thoughts | one week post DTS

well it's Saturday evening... approximately a week ago (taking time difference into account) I was on a plane leaving Australia. it was a rough trip home, but it feels so good to be in my own bed again.
main major differences from my life over the past 6 months:
1) sleeping in a room by myself. will never underestimate it again.
2) having so much space for my things
3) having so many things (read: not living out of a backpack)
4) driving (I LOVE driving)
5) air conditioning- it was 35 degrees outside today. I was wearing a sweatshirt the first time I went outside, decided it was too hot, so I went inside and was cold. what a concept. Australians don't have internal heating or cooling so this is still a novelty :)
6) temperature controlled showers
7) the sheer amount of meat. we had steak for supper today and it was beautiful
8) having free time
9) no dress code- what I was wearing today didn't cover my knees or my shoulders (our dress code in Cambodia) and it was so nice!
10) no one making fun of my accent ;)
11) being by myself most of the time. my family still has lives that went on without me (strange, I know) so I've been alone quite a bit this week as they're still busy. pretty tough!

while these things are pretty difficult, it's so nice to be home. it still feels surreal, like these past 6 months never happened, but I know it did and I can still feel the changes. I miss my DTS family though, and Australia, and I even miss Cambodia a bit :)
Prayer would be so appreciated as I continue to adjust back to jet lag... I get so so incredibly tired in the late afternoon (2-4 am in aus) and the last couple days I have succumbed and taken a nap. and then I go to sleep a few hours later aided by melatonin... I have some exciting news about the rest of my summer though that will be posted later ;)
thank you for your continued interest in my life! i'm blessed to have such a great support network!
-Cailey
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us" (Romans 8:37)

No comments:

Post a Comment