Monday 24 March 2014

2 weeks | thoughts

today is Monday, March 24. in 2 weeks from today, the second half of my adventure starts- we board a plane to get to southeast asia, where we'll be spending the next 3 months. we'll be working with a local youth development centre, teaching English and other topics like computers and hopefully music.
so how do I feel about living out of a hiking backpack for 3 months? pretty scared, as of right now. it's a whole bunch of new experiences, and my human side isn't so sure it wants new experiences. it wants to stay in my comfortable bed with mostly reliable wifi where we aren't sweating like crazy most of the time... but the rest of me is SO excited for all the new experiences we're going to have!
we're going to work with kids, experience a new country with rich heritage, and most of all we're going to see Jesus move in INSANE ways. i'm going because of Jesus, but also to bring Jesus to those who need Him most.
lately, I've been really challenged by the song Oceans (where feet may fail) by Hillsong, especially the bridge:
Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders
let me walk upon the waters
wherever you would call me
take me deeper then my feet will ever wander
and my faith will be made stronger
in the presence of my Saviour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9nwe9_xzw
(ps it's 9 minutes, sorry... but it's so good!)
there's so many good parts to that bridge! i'm going to dissect it with how it relates to my life lately.
"Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders"
so often, I think that trust in God is something that holds us back. we don't want to trust in God because we don't think he'll pull through... but yet he's so good! He's SO GOOD! he deserves borderless trust!
"let me walk upon the waters, wherever you would call me"
whenever I picture myself hanging out with Jesus (using Joel's classic exercise for those of you who know what that is) we're always walking on the water together down a river in Alberta that we went white water rafting down, so this line is especially poignant to me. I want to trust Jesus enough that I can walk on water; trust him enough that I would go wherever he would call me willingly.
"take me deeper then my feet will ever wander"
I don't really know what this means, to be honest. I'm spending a lot of time trying to figure out what this line means, because I want to figure out what it means to be taken deeper then my feet will wander... sounds like something i'd want to do!
"and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Saviour"
such a truth. a solid truth that you can lean on.
I think that every part of this song is worth listening to. it's in my heart and will continue to stay there over outreach :) so many parts to cling to.
so I guess that's kind of all I have for now. i'm feeling really blessed, especially by the incredible girls on my dts :) we're planning a trip into Sydney this weekend, and i'm really looking forward to spending time with these girls!
prayer would be really appreciated for the following:
-health (my stomach is still bothering me :(  )
-safety (as always)
-wisdom for leadership
-money for those of us who don't have all of the outreach money yet
-peace about our situation- whether about money or living situation on outreach
-visa stuff to fall into place
-team unity

thanks so much! i'm excited to continue to share my journey with you :)
again, i won't be posting on outreach, so if you want to keep updated, email me at cwieler@ywamwollongong.org to receive emails.
Blessings,
Cailey

No comments:

Post a Comment