Friday 27 December 2013

"God is so real it's unreal!"

Today, I'm thankful for my camp staff family. I wish that I could be out getting together with you tonight, but an "extreme weather warning" makes that impossible. 
Camp staff family, thank you. Thank you for caring when I'm sick, for praying for anything I ask, for not judging me when I stand in front of you after hysterically crying for half an hour to ask for prayer, for supporting me (and letting me support you), for giving me one of my best friends, for always being good for an encouraging word, for your hugs when I'm upset, and simply just for being you. This summer was the hardest one I've ever had and even though no one really knew exactly what was going on, you all were supportive and encouraging anyway. I don't look back at this summer negatively, because every time something negative happened one of you would do something awesome and it would always take precedence. 
Thank you for being the best faith community around. 
"Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." James 5:13-16

Camp staff family, you live this passage. 
I hope you each have someone to bless you like you all have blessed me. 

-Cailey

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile, remembering camp :) wasn't it Adam Thiesen who said "God is so real it's unreal"?? Pretty sure i remember that!

    ReplyDelete