Tuesday 17 December 2013

Blessings | Mentors

Negative thought- The roads here are so bumpy that when I have impromptu mini jam sessions by myself when I'm driving my voice sounds funny from the bumpy road 
Positive thought- snow is SO GORGEOUS! 

Now that it's been totally confirmed that I'm going away and I can count the days, I think a lot more about the things I'll miss while I'm in Australia. Canadian money (because it's really funny), the bumpy roads (in a really weird way), snow, my family... Essentially my comfortable life, the things I've known. 
Another thing I'll miss is my church. I have an excellent church and an amazing youth/c&c group, and I will miss them greatly! I've been blessed to be a part of this group of people for my whole life and they've impacted my life greatly. 
Something my youth group really preaches is the importance of is mentors. I've been extremely privileged to meet with one incredible mentor for all my high school years. She's blessed me so much! As well, I've been blessed with many other people I can look up to. As I leave my life here behind in almost 3 weeks, I've been busy connecting with all of these excellent women. We've shared laughs, good conversation, prayer, and even just the things from our regular mundane routines. I count myself so incredibly lucky to have these women as a part of my life, and to be a part of theirs. 

And it's all over a cup of Starbucks :) 

I always thoroughly enjoy a coffee date.
To those women who I go for coffee with, thanks. You don't even know how much it means to me and how much I enjoy it! 
To whoever's reading this, if you'd like to go for coffee and talk about my trip or really anything else, I'm so down! Send me a message over Facebook or an email and we'll get right on it. 

On another note, I'm really hoping there's a Starbucks or a good equivelant close to us in Australia. I would go through a ridiculous amount of withdrawal, haha :) 

Blessings,
-Cailey 

"A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent." 
-Unknown 


No comments:

Post a Comment